January 2021: Six Grants Given To Local Causes
Between October 2020 and January 2021, the Christchurch Charitable Trust has been delighted to be able to help a number of important local causes:
- A £5,000 grant has been made to enable the People’s Pantry in Somerford to offer health, hygiene, cleaning and toiletry products alongside their food offerings to the families they support.
- A £4,500 grant has been made to assist the Christchurch Furniture Bank to continue to provide essential furniture and equipment to Christchurch families in need.
- A £5,000 grant has been provided for the purchase of tables and chairs and a kitchen bar for the fitting out of a Youth Café for the youth club run at Twynham Church in Barrack Road in Christchurch.
- A £3,000 grant has been given to the 10th Christchurch (Mudeford) Sea Scouts to help towards funding a better safety boat, some safety equipment and to fund training for the adult volunteer who will teach the Scouts .
- A £1,800 grant was given to the 22nd Christchurch (Hurn) Air Scouts (who had been unable to run their normal fund raising events)to provide equipment so they could start using their scout hut safely (when that became possible for a time) and to assist them to continue to run by zoom when that was not able to be used.
- A commitment to put £5,000 for the fitting out of an accessible shower room and W.C. as part of the proposed refurbishment of the Pavilion at Wingfield Recreation Ground in Highcliffe which is used by the Highcliffe Hawks Youth Football Club and many other volunteer-run youth sports groups.