WE ARE NOW ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS
We will accept applications from not-for-profit groups and organisations including registered charities, community interest groups, service organisations, volunteer groups, youth groups, town councils and parish councils and the like.
Applications from individuals or for individual benefit will not be accepted.
• Application for a grant is made by completing and submitting the on-line form below. Please take your time to complete the form as fully as possible so the Trustees have all the information they need to consider your application.
• As we are dealing with charitable funds we need to be certain that the funds will be correctly used for the purposes indicated and therefore applications from organisations with a track record will be preferred but we will consider applications from newly formed organisations if there is good evidence that they will be sustainable.
• Applications will be preferred from organisations that are both based in the Christchurch area and which will benefit the community in the area but will be considered from organisations based outside of the area if assurances can be given that the funds will be used to benefit those who live in Christchurch. As indicated above, Christchurch is defined by the boundaries of the former Christchurch borough and therefore includes Highcliffe, Somerford, Mudeford, Burton, Fairmile, Jumpers and Hurn.
• The application must be for charitable purposes as defined by the Charities Act 2011. Section 3 of that act should be referred to at: https://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2011/25/section/3
It will be seen that this is widely drawn and includes, among other purposes, those mentioned on the first page.
• We began inviting applications from the end of September 2020. We have already dealt with around twenty applications and remain open to accept further applications for consideration.
- When an application is received, it will be acknowledged and will be reviewed to ensure it is an appropriate application that falls within our scope and that the necessary information has been supplied.
- If the application is accepted it will be passed to a small team of the Trustees who will consider the merits of the application and they may request further information or ask to discuss the application with the organisation’s representative.
- The application will then be placed before a full meeting of the Trustees for consideration. The Trustees may offer a grant of an amount different to that requested and may place conditions on grants offered.
- The Trustees will then inform the applicant when a decision is made.
- We are a charity and have limited funds and are therefore limited in the number of grants we can make. We also have to act within our charitable objectives. You should not assume that all applications will be granted and there are bound to be some that will be refused. Please do not take offence if we are unable to grant your application.
- The Trustees decision will be final. The meetings of the Trustees are private and confidential and there will be no obligation on the Trustees to give reasons for their decisions and we reserve the right to refuse to enter into correspondence as to why a grant has been refused or reduced or made subject to conditions.
- The Trustees reserve the right to refuse to consider a repeat application for one already refused.
- We will endeavour to keep each applicant informed of the progress of their application. Please recognise that the trustees are all unpaid volunteers and we have no paid staff so the speed with which we will be able to deal with matters will depend on the number of applications received.
- DIFFICULTIES IN SUBMITTING THE APPLICATION ONLINE. Most applications come through without difficulty but we have had a couple of cases where there have been problems in submitting the application form. If you do have a difficulty, please let us know by sending an email to us on the contact page. Usually, the problem has been resolved (1) by ensuring that all questions are answered as the form is programmed not to be sent if some key questions are not answered (these will be highlighted in red) or (2) by the applicant using a different and up to date browser (such as Google Chrome or Windows 10). We are trying to monitor the issue so do please let us know if you have any difficulty.